At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a Lead UX/Product Designer with a strong background in editorial and visual design and the ability to lead the UX strategy and development of our medical and editorial content sites.
As a Lead UX/Product Designer, you will represent UX and work directly with cross-functional partners to develop products and features that help consumers better understand their healthcare conditions and help make healthcare decisions. You will be responsible for leading quality execution and UX process through the entire product design life cycle, from involvement in insight gathering, sketches, and conceptual wireframing to high fidelity designs and working with engineers to deliver quality launches. You will work closely with the editorial team to understand how to best present dynamic content and create beautiful, engaging, scalable pages and content templates to support ongoing publication of healthcare content. You will also be responsible for the strategy around graphics, photos, and illustrations to augment copy, working closely with a visual design specialist. You possess a strong foundation in user research, information architecture, and editorial design, which allows you to identify new areas of opportunity for the product, and ensure excellence in craft and usability.
You will mentor other designers and lead efforts across all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product, and interaction. Reporting to the VP of Design, you’ll be part of a creative and dynamic team, including product managers, writers, editors, data analysts, and fellow designers at GoodRx.
- Deliver informative, useful, and engaging content experiences that are easy to navigate and seamlessly connect with other GoodRx products
- Lead all aspects of UX design from initial concept to released product
- Design the foundation of a high-quality content site and ensure the continuous development of new content experiences, articles, and other content features
- Work with sales and editorial to integrate standard and custom advertising through thoughtful placement and developing well-integrated sponsored content
- Be the team advocate for the user and creating insight driven user experiences
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Work with UX researchers to plan and conduct user tests and research strategy, and develop a deep understanding of consumer’s mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors and use that feedback to push for refinement/improvement
- Articulate and communicate concepts and solutions through impactful storytelling, visualizations, prototyping, and formalized design documentation
- Continuously strive to find better ways of doing things
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members
- Coordinate with marketing and sales teams to align subscription products with customer facing messaging and promotions
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Has strong experience with editorial and content sites and mobile apps
- An expert in all aspects of design, including user research, user experience, visual, and interaction
- Able to thrive in an agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall user experience
- People-focused and wants to design and build products that truly have a meaningful impact
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., user interaction, graphic, visual communications, product)
- 7-10 years of experience in UX or product design
- 5-7 years of experience designing for digital products and interactions
- Experience with consumer healthcare products
- Confidence in advocating for and sharing user-centered design principles
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma)
- Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile platforms (iOS or Android)
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing, and design-thinking methodologies
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.