At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a Designer to lead our Design Systems efforts with passion. The right candidate will be very well versed and have experience implementing design systems and design libraries used by medium to large scale design and engineering teams. You are a strong systems thinker as well as an experienced designer.
As the Lead Design Systems Designer, you will be the expert and champion of Design Systems, ensuring that the component library, patterns, and documentation is robust and accurate. You are comfortable owning adoption across the design team, and making decisions that balance flexibility with discipline. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining components and patterns of the highest quality and work closely with engineering and design partners to create a seamless process to go from a design library driven mock through launch of a pixel perfect, component based product. You are comfortable with a high degree of complexity and excel at communicating with many different teams including diving into technical implementation details with engineering partners. You know how to scope and develop a strategy to launch design system elements in a consistent and timely manner based on your understanding of company priorities. You will be responsible for dynamic and thoughtful presentations of your and your team’s work to stakeholders and product teams. You will mentor other designers. You are comfortable negotiating and strategizing with cross-functional partners and can speak with confidence and expertise about design and design systems. You’ll be part of a creative and dynamic team, including product managers, data analysts, content strategists, UX researchers, and fellow designers at GoodRx.
Please submit a resume and portfolio with your application materials.
- Work with the front end engineering team, product managers, and designers to create the foundation of our design system including the UI components, patterns, design libraries, tools, and documentation
- Establish delivery cadence and a scalable process to grow and maintain a high quality design system
- Be insanely passionate about design consistency, quality, efficiency, and thinking holistically about how we operate across the product design organization
- Articulate and communicate concepts and solutions through impactful storytelling, visualizations, prototyping, and formalized design documentation
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., user interaction, graphic, visual communications, product)
- 5-7 years of experience in product design
- 3-5 year experience with design systems
- Experience designing outstanding web-based products
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience delivering impeccable design files
- Experience building and maintaining design libraries
- Ability to own design from whiteboard sketches to final concepts
- Strong team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and across multiple teams
- Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile platforms (iOS or Android)
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing, and design-thinking methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of visual design specifications and asset delivery for web, mobile and other platforms
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.