Junior Graphic Designer
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Reformation is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to join our dynamic Creative team. The Junior Graphic Designer will report directly to the Graphic Designer, and play an integral role in designing creative assets. This person should be a highly motivated designer with a clean and sophisticated design sensibility and deep understanding of Reformation’s brand and aesthetic. The position requires an ability to translate our brand aesthetic into assets that will live across multiple platforms and properties, from web to retail to packaging. Primarily focusing on digital, motion, and UI/UX design. He or she must take initiative, possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, be a team player and execute against tight deadlines. Photography/videography is a big plus.
- Support Creative and Marketing teams with day-to-day design needs.
- Help concept and design in-house marketing materials.
- Contribute to the conception and design of emails, website layouts, online ads, social media and other various brand projects such as packaging, design & store assets.
- Collaborate with internal teams – creative, marketing, retail etc. - to understand product, editorial and campaign requirements & identify where you can add value.
- Understand the Ref brand aesthetic to ensure all creative deliverables tell our story and are brand appropriate.
- Stay abreast of new creative trends, insights and generate ideas on how to best translate these for the brand.
- Take creative direction, work collaboratively and integrate feedback into your work.
- 2-3 years of graphic design experience preferred, but recent graduates welcome.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred but not a deal breaker
- Fluency with core graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, imagery, etc)
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge) -- total bonus if you have front end development skills
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines, respond positively to feedback and adapt quickly to changes
- Interest in, and understanding of, digital and social media a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Please submit your resume and a link to your website. Only candidates with an online portfolio/website will be considered.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Fashionista and Business of Fashion