Junior Graphic Designer, Restaurant Marketing at ChowNow
Greater LA Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:17 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, November 14, 2019
Do you believe that a restaurant’s brand plays an important factor in their success? Are you an ambitious designer looking to collaborate and learn in a fast-paced environment? Look no further, ChowNow is seeking a detail oriented Junior Graphic Designer with a positive attitude to join the Design Team. We know you’ll be a good fit because you’re a team player with a thirst to learn. You stay inspired and take pride in putting your best work into the world and we do too.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
At ChowNow, we believe that a restaurant’s brand should be at the forefront and we are dedicated to helping them compete with the big guys. Restaurant assets come to us in a variety of shapes, sizes and types. Your responsibility is to evaluate and make sure the assets meet requirements for launch. If they do not, you will be required to estimate the time that it will take you to help them meet those standards and execute, whether that be by recreating, tracing, rebuilding or redesigning them so that they are ready for printing and publishing. You will help to create customized marketing materials using and adjusting our pre-existing templates as needed. This is a high volume, fast turn around position where you will need to keep on your toes and be prepared to collaborate across departments to achieve the best possible results for our restaurant partners.
Reports to Design Team Lead, Restaurant Marketing; No Direct Reports
Within 30 Days, You'll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Time manage and be able to communicate your workload on a daily basis to the team.
- Know how to identify and manage your daily tasks through Salesforce.
- Consistently complete 20 design tasks per day including rebuilding logos, designing signs and cards through a templated design.
Within 3 Months, You'll...
- Troubleshoot client assets in order for them to launch with ChowNow.
- Become an expert at identifying why an asset might be ineligible for launch.
- Be able to confidently communicate to Account Coordinators about assets needed.
Within 6 Months, You'll...
- Be able to design and deliver any of the templated marketing materials that we offer to our restaurant clients.
- Be active in the Account Coordinator/Design Team slack channel, answering questions and lending knowledge.
You Should Apply If:
- You have experience converting assets into digital files using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You know how to precisely prepare files for print production.
- You love to collaborate but you’re self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- You’re naturally detail oriented and possess exceptional follow-through skills.
- You can communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description