Game Designer at Zwift
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve... wanna join?
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Game Designer who will design, tweak, and optimize our player experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for critical thinking, analytical skills, player insight, and boundless creativity to engage and surprise players.
What you'll do:
- Assess and validate new game opportunities at the conceptual level
- Apply and execute an analytical approach to design - identify what is compelling, how that translates to other contexts and articulate why it works
- Design, redesign and balance Zwift mechanics that will delight Zwifters around the world
- Develop a deep understanding of the relevant audiences for the product, and calibrate your design to reflect these various audiences and their differing - and sometimes competing - interests
- Facilitate communication between designers, producers, artists, and engineers to ensure design vision and process is clearly defined and understood
- Openly share and seek feedback from other team members and then synthesize to calibrate design
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience as a professional game designer
- Knowledge of C and C++
- A strong sense of what makes a gameplay experience compelling and fun
- Strong mechanics and systems design ability, demonstrated in having designed systems into large, ambiguous spaces
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for video games
- Love of cycling, running, and/or endurance sports more generally
- Experience directly with Zwift
Top 5 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Competitive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, and Vision), including an employee bike program
- Amazing office location in downtown Long Beach with killer views
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
How to stand out among the rest:
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.