Metal Toad is looking for a design intern to join our team.
This is a part-time (24 hours per week) 12 week paid hourly internship.
The primary role of the design intern is to assist with the creation and syndication of Metal Toad digital marketing and sales collateral, sales enablement tools, event materials, website & email updates, and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate takes ownership and initiative of assigned tasks, thrives in change, is detail oriented, and is comfortable working across shifting priorities and differing levels of ambiguity to find solutions.
This position offers a great opportunity for someone who is proactive, adaptable, collaborative, highly-focused, and is excited by both diverse new challenges and production work alike. This position reports to the Creative Director.
This is a fully remote position.
- Work under the direction of the Creative Director to develop creative concepts and high quality designs that adhere to brand guidelines
- Design and produce a wide variety of digital marketing assets, sales assets, collateral, and sales enablement tools
- Hit the ground running to design and update RFPs and proposals based upon established templates and brand guidelines
- Design and update website, landing pages, and email campaigns via Drupal and Hubspot
- Ability to update content in previously designed deliverables and ensure the established visual style is consistently utilized throughout
- Ability to uphold visual aesthetic and integrity of original design while producing a high volume of new assets
- Prepare images to coincide with social and blog posts
- Assist with event materials
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
- Assist with copywriting and proofreading for digital marketing assets including landing pages, email campaigns, blogs, social media ads, and Google ads
- Assist in managing social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Publish content to website, landing pages, newsletter, Google Ads, and social media
- Read (and agree to) our Corporate Values Statement
- Believe in the company mission
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating high quality design skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Self starter, able to think creatively to solve problemsEager to learn new skills and take the initiative on projects as needed
- Able to work well against multiple and shifting priorities and differing levels of ambiguity
- "Can-do" attitude with a high sense of urgency
- Some experience with designing digital marketing assets, such as landing pages, email campaigns, social media ads, and/or Google ads
- Some experience with designing print collateral, such as ebooks, presentations, one-sheets, business cards, and other graphics
- Eager to handle with copywriting and proofreading for digital marketing assets, such as landing pages, email campaigns, blogs, social media ads, and Google ads
- Proficient or familiarity in all Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PDF Acrobat) and Sketch
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- Team Player
- Interest in video/video editing a plus; professional experience is not required
- Must submit resume along with a link to portfolio or a pdf portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be accepted.