CAD Designer at Relativity Space
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are looking for a CAD designer with electromechanical experience to join the Avionics team and help us achieve our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket to space.
The Avionics team is responsible for all aspects of the electrical design on the rocket, from electronics, interconnects, associated mechanical design, testing and initial production of the first 3D printed rocket. This team’s scope includes the flight computers, power systems, RF systems, PCB design, autonomous flight safety systems, and telemetry. This team works on complex electrical systems that require modularity and flexibility, and are critical to the launch of Terran 1 and beyond!
What you'll do:
As a CAD designer on the Avionics team, you will design, develop, document and maintain Avionics models and drawings. Responsibilities will include:
- Design support of electro-mechanical systems, including harnessing, enclosures, assemblies, cables and fixtures.
- Create and maintain CAD best practices.
- Bring avionics components and systems from concept to drawing while working in close collaboration with hardware engineers.
- Create supporting documents for design reviews.
What you need to know:
- Associates degree required, 4 years degree preferred.
- Proficient in NX/Teamcenter.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14. 5.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Strong knowledge and experience in GD&T.
- Previous experience designing for avionics or electromechanical systems, assemblies and/or components.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment with rapid growth.
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and team-oriented.
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.