Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Reformation has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Designer to be a part of our in-house Design team. The role will focus on our denim, activewear, and cut and sew knit categories. This individual will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the design process from concept to delivery, and the organization of that process. They will present exciting new product ideas. The top candidates for this role will have a very high taste level and will be able to translate his/her ideas to relatable product for the Reformation customer.
- Analyze key product trends in the marketplace and build a comprehensive list of findings
- Evaluate overall marketplace trends and synthesize list to highlight only the concepts relevant for the Reformation brand/customer; translate these ideas into products
- Sketching proposals for interpreting these trends for the Reformation customer
- Identify key silhouettes, fabrics and trims that are relevant to the Reformation customer
- Anticipate future trends - be willing to take calculated risks - where it makes sense
- Maintain a high standard for quality and design to ensure Reformation product is always top of the line
- Partner with the Design Director and Director of Buying and Design to develop the vision and direction of the brand
- Responsible for producing specs either by hand and/or CAD
- Maintain organization of styles and style information throughout the entire design process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years experience
- Knowledge in the denim, activewear, or cut and sew industry is beneficial
- Experience working with domestic and overseas factories/suppliers is beneficial
- Appetite for design influences and strong eye
- Awareness of trends with finger “on the pulse”
- Ability to multitask and juggle priorities in an organized but flexible manner
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Strong enthusiasm for Reformation as a brand
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of the financial performance of the business and be motivated to grow it
- Have a genuine passion for Sustainability
Who You Are:
- You are incredibly smart.
- Your colleagues love working with you; your manager loves having you in meetings on their team.
- You can set targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets.
- You have strong commercial acumen. You are able to take fashion forward trends and design them into a more commercially viable product
- You motivate others; you communicate clearly; you inspire your coworkers.
- You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You are biased for action; you love the swiftness of our business model and are eager to drive success
- You are customer focused; you love to see what’s selling in order to drive success for your area
- You display ownership and drive results; you totally own your category and care deeply about the success of your business
- You don’t understand 9 to 5.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
Please put together on ONE pdf file:
5 Key Trends for Clothing for Spring 2021
5 Key Trends for Denim for 2021
Please attach in the Cover Letter section of your application. If you have an online portfolio, please put your link in the area marked "Website". If you do not have an online portfolio, please upload ONE pdf version of your portfolio/work.
Please submit your resume as well!
If you have an online portfolio, please put your link in the area marked "Website". If you do not have an online portfolio, please upload ONE pdf version of your portfolio/work.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Some light reading - Forbes, Eco-Age, Fast Company