Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Associate Art Director
Reformation has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Art Director to contribute to our in-house creative & eCommerce team. We’re looking for someone with an exceptional eye and outstanding skills who will own the creative direction of our highly successful website. The ideal candidate will display a passion and commitment for creating the absolute best images every time for our website with an instinctive understanding on how to make every image effective and engaging on our site.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage art direction for all retail web images including: image selects, cropping and site merchandising
- Understand the creative and marketing objectives for product photography and web retail images and direct the team to deliver against these objectives.
- Maintain absolute accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process.
- Elevate and evolve the site aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction.
- Participate in strategy meetings and partner with merchandising and creative teams to translate business strategy into creative concepts and compelling retail content.
- Develop and maintain style guide reference tools for all functions of retail images, including poses, styling, cropping, retouching and image selects.
- Provide direction on retail photo shoots, including on poses, styling and retouching.
- Approaches the select of retail images as a craft, not a function.
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 3 years experience as an Associate Art Director/Photo Editor/Curator for a high volume eCommerce business.
- BA in design, photography, visual arts, digital media or related field.
- Computer literate (Daily usage of a MAC, Utilizing a tablet, In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- An elevated, fashion oriented eye for photo editing, layout, retouching and cropping.
- Displays an understanding of the Reformation brand, our products, customer and sustainable mission.
- Strong communication skills and time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects across various time constraints and still meet deadlines.
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life.
- Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member.
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas and change course as needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills; highly detail-oriented.
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible with demands and changes in business.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Eco-Age, Fast Company