Assistant Print Designer at Reformation
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Assistant Print Designer:
Reformation has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Textile Print Designer to be a part of our in-house Design team. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Textile Print Designer in the development of prints, color palette across all categories at Reformation, as well as keeping the print department running smoothly and in a well organized fashion. The top candidates for this role will have a detail oriented eye for organization, be a self starter, have a very high taste level and be able to translate his/her ideas to propose relatable prints for the Reformation.
The Assistant Textile Print Designer will work from our Culver City office to support the Textile Print Designer in the development of prints and colors across all categories at Reformation.
What you'll do:
- Work cross-functionally to develop prints & colors across all categories & all fabrications
- Prepare & send out print packages & lab dips
- Track, receive, & review strike offs & lab dips
- Archive strike offs & lab dips
- Communicate notes & approvals with overseas vendors
- Communicate strike off & lab dip status cross-functionally within Ref
- Maintain physical fabric boards
- Maintain digital decks
- Create original print designs
What you'll need:
- 2-3 years of experience
- Strong sense of organization
- Strong sense of design
- Strong eye for color
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Great at Illustration - able to execute diverse styles of drawing & painting
- Print design experience is a plus but not necessary if you have a strong design eye, illustration skills, attention to detail, & are a fast learner. The specifics of making a textile print can be taught on the job.
- General understanding of fabrics
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Eco-Age, Fast Company