Artist, Technical (Remote) at Warner Bros. Discovery
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Warner Bros. Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego:
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games is seeking a talented Technical Artist for our brand-new San Diego game studio! The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between artists and programmers, supporting, creating, and documenting workflows, tools, visual effects, and any other technical art requirements needed for the project. Experience is required in all aspects of the development process from script writing to visual effects. The Technical Artist reports to the Lead Technical Artist and works with the various art, animation, and engineering leads.
- Be a bridge between Artists and Programmers, Designers and the technical requirements of the game
- Create content that is procedural/data driven
- Develop 3D look by developing and optimizing shading, lighting, particles/vfx or rendering in Unreal Engine 5
- Integrate and optimize game ready assets for use in UE5
- Investigate, define, create and advise on art creation pipelines and tools prior to and during production
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues
- 3+ years game development experience
- Has shipped 1 or more commercially successful games
- Good understanding of one or more general purpose programming languages (C, C++, C#, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with game performance tools and optimization techniques
- Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline
- Advanced Maya and Unreal knowledge and experience
- Experience working with current-gen consoles or PC games (mobile experience a plus)
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
- A working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current and next generation hardware
- Must have portfolio link on resume
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $64,321.00 - $119,453.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].