Society6 is an online marketplace of unique wall art, home decor and lifestyle goods featuring designs by independent artists. With artwork from over 400,000 creators and the knowledge that every purchase pays an artist, Society6 allows you to empower creativity around the world and in your everyday life.
We are looking for an Artist Community & Curation Manager to further establish Society6 as an authentic voice in the digital art space and to discover artists both within and outside the Society6 community who are producing exceptionally great work. This role will be responsible for the artwork on our platform and instrumental in evolving our marketplace by growing our community of selling artists.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Artist Community & Curation Manager grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Senior Artist Community Manager
A typical day as an Artist Community & Curation Manager might include:
- Managing daily and existing uploads to identify and promote high-quality art and artists
- Discovering and elevating emerging artists to grow the number of selling artists on our platform
- Partner with merchandising and brand teams to support business objectives through thoughtful curation that considers both high-quality art/design and consumer trends
- Contributing written content to our blog, email, and social channels
- Curating collections in partnership with brand and merchandising teams to support key business initiatives
- Supporting partnership, wholesale and ad hoc requests with artist recommendations
- Collaborating closely with the product team to develop and improve our curation and content moderation tools
- Identifying opportunities to better surface artists, collections, and improve discoverability of new artists and works
- Supporting artist acquisition efforts by identifying target artists for outreach
- Managing, growing, and mentoring a team of freelance curators
- Developing guidelines / handbook for training curation contributors
- Educating internal teams on key art and artist trends
- Measuring and reporting on performance of key curation metrics
You’ll be successful if you are:
- Inquisitive, inspired and interested in art
- Mission-oriented and enjoy working with creative communities
- Have a strong eye for discovering artwork from a diverse range of artist styles
- Passionate about contributing to Society6’s success
- Connected and current on industry trends and technology
What You Have:
- A great eye for art and design and knowledge of the art and print-on-demand landscape
- Strong connections to creative communities and a curiosity for emerging creative talent
- A Bachelor’s degree in Art History or similar background
- 3-5 years experience working in a gallery or museum, interior design, or related e-commerce company
- Ability to think creatively while focusing on key business objectives
- Passion for recognizing and supporting artistic talent
- Experience as an artist is a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing skills
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.