MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than eleven million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
With a growing company, comes a growing team full of innovative people. We’re looking for an Art Director to help lead the development and execution of creative concepts and design. This includes everything from advertising, digital, email, retail, packaging, partnerships and new ad formats. This position requires a blend of excellent digital and creative skills, a deep interest in creative advertising optimization, and experience managing and building design teams. A robust background in digital product marketing is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Creative Director to lead the design function of the Creative Team, including graphic designers and motion graphics.
- Collaborate closely with marketing and e-commerce team as a key strategic partner. Understand their business objectives and provide leadership and proactively contribute strategic and creative ideas.
- Manage design team workload from concept through completion of all projects including digital assets, packaging, special promotions, emails, banners, presentations and more.
- Build and maintain relationships with photographers, agencies, vendors, design and cross-functional teams.
- Oversee department daily workflow, and along with project Manager, allocate project workload and manage deadlines for design team.
- Inspire, develop and evaluate design team members through project development, performance management, and career development.
- Produce layouts or rough sketches to communicate creative concepts/ideas and then follow through to delivering flawless executions.
- Take complex concepts or campaigns and bring them to life simply, beautifully and on brand.
What you have:
- BA in Design or similar discipline.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of experience in art direction & design. Experience on brand side is required.
- A thorough understanding of print/web production, functionality, site architecture, navigation, UX, email marketing standards, interactive design principles, etc.
- A background and understanding of motion, animation and/or video editing.
- Strong typography skills are required.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to maintain a consistently professional and positive attitude with an openness to change and new ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to articulate creative concepts and collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to manage and lead a team.
- The ability to translate marketing direction into engaging, functional, and friendly user interface designs.
- Full studio designer capabilities. You will be executing as well as giving direction and coaching.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.