Warehouse Associate (temp-to-hire) at Collectors (Greater LA Area, CA)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our Shipping team to verify, package and ship all outgoing packages for all submissions. You’ll report to the Logistics Manager and work from our Jersey City, NJ office.
What You’ll Do:
- Sort all orders by return carrier service.
- Verify order correctness and completeness.
- Package orders in mailing box containers, seal with tape and attach outside label.
- Process shipping for specified return carrier and close order.
Who You Are:
- You have 1-3+ months of previous shipping experience and a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide by 5, 10, and/or 20, and ability to perform these operations using weight measurement and volume.
- Listen effectively and get clarification; able to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and coworkers.
- Able to read and interpret written information and write simple correspondence.
- Support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Treat people with respect, work with integrity and ethically, and uphold the company’s values.
- Follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support organization’s goals and values.
- Use time efficiently.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor your work to ensure quality.
- Meet productivity standards, complete work in timely manner, and strive to increase productivity and work quickly
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for your actions, keep commitments; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate pla
- Solid computer skills and familiarity with business software such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for extended periods of time
- Bending waist, neck, and reaching with arms
- Lifting/moving up to 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Occasionally life and/or move up to 60 pounds
The equipment and machines that are used to perform the duties of this job are:
- Meter postage machine
- Tape machines and tape guns
- Machines that provide materials for padding and cushioning products
- Computers with attached weighing scales
- Carts and dollies to move the product
Hourly Rate: The reasonable estimated hourly rate for this position is $17. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Collectors may use e-verify to validate your ability to work legally in the United States.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.