VP of Analytics and Engineering at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Vice President of Analytics and Engineering to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Vice President of Analytics and Engineering, you’ll lead our Data Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering teams to implement the right combination of technologies, tools, and methods to re-architect business processes and models to achieve favorable financial returns while meeting strategic objectives. In this new position, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to drive the architecture of our digital transformation through business processes, models, and the development of capabilities, literacy, awareness, and health across the organization.
This position reports to our Chief Information Officer with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office or remote with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a charter and multi-year plan for starting, ramping, and scaling the Data Organization, including establishing the roles, responsibilities, and skills required for such an organization
- Develop and manage the performance of a team of Digital Innovation Liaisons and Analysts in the Business and Functional organizations
- In collaboration with the Director of Data Infrastructure and Enterprise Data Council, develop a vision, strategic roadmap, and playbooks to build digital capabilities; communicate and drive to various stakeholders and company
- Monitor and report on the progress of Digital Initiatives prioritized by the Enterprise Data Council
- Align resources and expertise for digital initiatives across the enterprise, including validating the quality of digital initiatives
- Coordinate and collaborate with Information Systems, Product & Technology, Revenue System, Data Privacy/Legal and Change Management functions to deliver Digital initiatives
- In collaboration with business organizations and functional departments, facilitate the architecture of digitized business processes and models, including “no-touch” customer orders, supply chain control towers, digital twins, etc.
- Execute data literacy and education programs while identifying new and innovative ways to develop the digital footprint in the enterprise
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s in engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics Economics, Data Science, or similar fields preferred, MBA preferred
- 20+ years of industry experience, 3+ years of experience leading digital transformation, and 5+ years of experience leading or executing digital technologies preferably at a Fortune 500 or a reputed consulting company
- Background improving customer expansion and retention through data science leveraging computing system approaches to solve business problems (e.g., Artificial Neural Networks, XGBoost, Logistic regression, Survival Analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of technology landscape in a broad range of digital technologies, including AI/ML/Data Science, Big Data, Robotics, IoT, etc.
- Proven record of developing enterprise digital capabilities (including Center of Excellence organizations) through change management, transformation, and managing matrix organizations and collaborative teams across the organization
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and align with stakeholders and executives across the organization, including Board of Directors, C-level Executives, Business VPs, Functional heads, Business Directors, Plant Directors/VPs, Technology leaders, etc.
- Proficient with Net Present Value (NPV) & Economic Value Added (EVA) calculations and build vs. buy analysis, strong understanding of how to bring value to an organization
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.