Staff Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools are built across the world? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform on our Data Engineering team, you’ll help evolve our data science platform to support hundreds of models. In this role, you’ll implement the set of services needed to release AI and data science models capable of working with terabytes of data. This includes model related features like one time and ongoing automatic model training, deploying, and monitoring models, as well as platform related features such as model repository, feature stores, data access layer.
This position will report to the Manager, Machine Learning Service, and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX, offices. Remote based candidates will also be considered. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support to the data science team to release models in production
- Provide technical leadership for efforts around tooling and infrastructure that enable teams to efficiently complete and maintain data science projects
- Partner with teams on modeling and analysis problems—from transforming problem statements into analysis problems, to working through data modeling and engineering, to analysis and communication of results
- Leverage the tools implemented by our SDET team to design unit and integration tests that ensure the systems being released function as intended
- Lead code reviews, design,
- Coach and mentor senior engineers
- Participate in the evolution of Data Engineering at Procore
- Create and share best practices for the development and deployment of machine learning based solutions
- Working alongside our Product, UX, and Prototype Engineering teams, leverage your experience and expertise in the AI space to influence our product roadmap, developing innovative solutions that add additional capabilities to our product suite
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Hands-on experience developing systems for the machine learning lifecycle: data preprocessing and feature extraction, model training and evaluation, and deployment and monitoring.
- Familiarity with the associated open source ecosystem (e.g., mlflow, cortex, seldon, Kubeflow, tfx) is a plus.
- Experience developing large-scale distributed, fault tolerant and scalable data processing systems capable of processing terabytes of structured and unstructured data via batch with Spark, or streaming with Flink or Kafka Streams.
- Experience partnering with data scientists and can speak knowledgeably about the major machine learning paradigms, algorithms, and software tools, and can translate data science problem statements into corresponding data, infrastructure, or workflow needs
- Experience partnering with data engineers on designing data lakes and data warehouses for the need of data scientists.
- Familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure services, and container systems such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Python ML and at least one high concurrency language as Java, Elixir, Golang
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.