Procore is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Data and AI division. In this role, you’ll maintain, optimize, and enhance our search platform while developing new and exciting data applications that allow our users to leverage data to improve productivity. You’ll be responsible for the search ingest and query pipelines, as well as helping grow new platform solutions.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Data & AI Applications team, you’ll partner with Engineers, SDETs, UX, and Product Managers to ensure all user data is searchable, discoverable, and actionable. Use your technical, organizational, and leadership skills to enhance search and data applications by driving scalability and resiliency while respecting architectural guidelines. We’re looking for someone who can prioritize between good and great outcomes, striving to provide internal and external customers with world-class experiences.
If you’re intrinsically motivated and excited by the opportunity to lead a project that will provide Procore with the insights necessary to build industry-disrupting products—we’d love to hear from you.
This position reports to the Manager of Data Platform and can be based in our Austin, TX, Carpinteria, CA, or New York City office or work remotely from a US location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve our existing codebase to function outside of our current monolithic Rails application to a flexible and robust service
- Participate in designing and building a system that aligns with Procore’s technical vision of a service-oriented architecture
- Design libraries and experiences to provide users with actionable applications of their data
- Work up and down the stack to ship code for our Rails backend and our React frontend, and dive deep into our data pipelines
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and UX to design and build solutions that delight users and solve critical business problems
- Serve as a leader and mentor to junior Engineers on team
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 8+ years experience in Object-Oriented Program fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C++, Java)
- Experience designing and building software in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Track record of working with large sets of data and technologies associated with that (Snowflake, Kafka)
- Experience working with our stack of Ruby on Rails, React, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL
- Experience as a technical leader on large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- A curious mind that is driven to innovate and solve customer problems
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.