Sr. Structural Analyst, Turbomachinery at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Turbomachinery Structural Analyst to join a rapidly growing space startup. This role falls under the Turbomachinery team. We are responsible for designing, manufacturing, and testing the fuel and oxidizer turbopumps for the Aeon-1 and Aeon-R engines. This position will provide outstanding technical contribution to the development of the Terran 1 launch vehicle, as well as helping to build a world-class turbomachinery team. A high degree of autonomy and initiative is required.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As Turbomachinery Structural Analyst, you will develop the assemblies for the fuel and oxidizer turbopumps of the Aeon-R engines, with a focus on structural optimization of stationary and rotating components.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to drive their own projects to completion. You must have the passion, tenacity and resolve to work through challenging issues unique to rocket turbopumps. We are looking for someone multifaceted, and capable of working at the interfaces of design, development, and analysis of turbomachinery. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Degree in engineering or related technical field and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong proficiency in ANSYS or comparable software.
- Experience solving structural problems unique to high performance flight turbomachinery, including disk mode excitation, LCF and HCF optimization, and weight optimization.
- Proficiency in Siemens NX and Teamcenter
- Experience solving multi-component structural models using both linear and non-linear assumptions.
- Experience with dynamic analyses, including transient, harmonic, and random vibration.
- Knowledge of GD&T, ability to create drawings, and coordinate getting parts made either by external suppliers or in-house
- Strong communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience performing computational fluid dynamic (CFD) analyses
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience working in a flight development program
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.