Sr. People Data Scientist at Zwift
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA. or US Remote
About the role and about You:
Zwift’s employees (known as Watopians internally), are the backbone of our culture. Everything we do and build is for our community of Zwifters. Therefore, investing in our Watopians is where it starts. We are dedicated to ensuring people-centric decisions are made holistically now and for the future. This is where you come in!
We are hiring our first Sr. People Data Scientist for the People team. You will partner directly with the VP, Total Rewards, People Operations, senior leadership, and cross-functional people team members to define, develop, and execute the people analytics strategy and roadmap. This includes the delivery of dashboards, reports, analytics, and insights. You will support QBRs and other business-focused reviews providing comprehensive and compelling insights using predictive modeling and big data analytics.
Are you ready to join a fast-paced, high-growth company to share stories through your data? If so, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Own the execution of the People Analytics strategy, including the delivery of dashboards, reports, analytics, and insights
- Develop relationships with People team members, stakeholders across the business, and senior leadership to understand analytical needs that directly impact Watopians
- Partner closely with People Leadership to address function-specific challenges through data and insights.
- Identify opportunities for data-driven approaches that deliver value to teams across the organization, and champion data solutions to People team
- Select, implement, and maintain data visualization technology and present information using best-in-class data visualization techniques
- Provide comprehensive and compelling insights using predictive modeling and big data analytics
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Extensive experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau), data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop), and Big Data ETL processes, Data visualization, Data Exploring Algorithms
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Scaling fast-paced, high-growth tech/gaming companies
- Delights at the thought of gamifying fitness
- Passion for an active lifestyle or a desire to jump start it
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.