Sr. Analyst, Data Science at Warner Bros. Discovery (Greater LA Area, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Senior Analyst, will be part of a team responsible for developing models/conducting analyses using machine learning, regression modeling and time-series forecasting techniques. This role will help maintain critical data and modeling workflows, assist in building new models, and explore new data sets to help address critical business questions. Candidate must be comfortable working in rapidly changing environment and address ad-hoc analytical requests.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Data Analytics: Responsible for building and maintaining critical workflows that synthesize multiple data sources to support analytics and model building. In addition, build statistical models, conduct analyses, and support analytical projects using tools like Python, R, etc. Strong knowledge of machine learning, regression and time series forecasting techniques is desired. Support the analytics team's priorities including content and price optimization modeling, cross channel (SVOD/AVOD/transactional) cannibalization analyses, forecasting, etc.
- Visualization: Visualize data and insights through tools like Tableau, R-Shiny, etc. Leverage visualization tools to create diagnostics to highlight data discrepancies, respond to urgent requests, and facilitate technical conversations within the analytics team.
- Mindset: Be open-minded to new techniques and tools. Must be a strong self-starter and respective to coaching. Support data management across multiple projects. Be flexible to quickly pivot to new and urgent requests.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field is required Knowledge/Skills
- Experience using statistical modeling techniques (regression analyses, machine learning, time-series forecasting) on large & small datasets
- Proficient with SQL and relational databases to aggregate, organize, and prepare data for analysis.
- Proficient with one or more technologies: Python, R. etc.
- Must be results driven with an excellent attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solver who works well as part of a team.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule a high workload, efficiently
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, etc. a plus.
- Familiar with the Stats package and times series packages (prophet preferred)
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $65,170.00 - $121,030.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].