At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Aerospace Corporation Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched experience and expertise in systems engineering committed to advanced application of space technology. The Performance Modeling and Analysis Department (PMAD) is a team dedicated to cutting edge innovation and groundbreaking solutions to the missions of our government and commercial customers. Subject matter experts in PMAD perform detailed, complex modeling, analysis, and optimization of orbits, satellite access, and system performance to advise critical customer decision support for future space architectures. You will serve as a Space Architecture Analyst collaborating on a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic portfolio of projects, programs and national challenges.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of space system architecture modeling and coverage analysis
- Compare the performance of architecture variants and conduct trade studies
- Model and analyze sensor performance and satellite access to ground points and other architectural elements. Develop and generate system performance metrics as necessary
- Create, modify, and maintain computer code resident on corporate computing resources as needed
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams with senior analyst in collaboration of larger study teams
- Develop and present analytical results using multiple computer applications/programming languages such as Python and C/C++
- Foster effective working relationships with customers, contractors, senior analysts, or technical leads
- Communicate, collaborate, and interface with all levels of internal and external key stakeholder leaders regularly
What You Need to be Successful:
- Advanced degree (Master's or Ph.D.) from an accredited program in aerospace engineering, remote sensing, science, mathematics, or related technical discipline from an accredited program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale
- 2 years of industry work experience
- Graduate level course work or comprehensive knowledge in orbital mechanics and mathematics related to satellite access geometry
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
How You Can Stand Out:
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Ph.D. degree in aerospace engineering, remote sensing or related field of science, engineering, or mathematics
- Background in one of the following areas: architecture performance analysis and modeling, software and/or simulation development
- Technically adept with the use and maintenance of PC or Unix platforms
- Experience developing analysis tools using C/C++ and Python
- Ability to support multiple programs and/or activities simultaneously and be comfortable acting as a technical point-of-contact
Transcripts Are Required For This Position
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$67,573 - $117,940 - $168,307
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.