Tapcart makes mobile shopping easy, fun and attainable for every brand.
We are inspired by the future of mobile. We work to inspire that future.
As the market leader in mobile commerce, we focus on providing great experiences for our merchants and for mobile shoppers worldwide. Our platform powers the mobile apps of some of the largest shopping brands, including Fashion Nova, Pier 1, Chubbies, Brandy Melville, and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by thousands of brands to launch and manage their mobile apps. We have been featured at Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
This role is perfect for an ambitious Data Engineer looking to grow and work with real-time data. Someone who is engineering-driven, can translate business and data requirements into production-ready stacks, and provide innovative systems with a focus on data resilience and accuracy for the e-commerce space.
We are looking for someone who shows passion and can champion data not only internally but to our customers. This person would help shape data collection, compliance, processes, and work cross-functionally with all Tapcart teams.
What you need to know
- Be confident working within a real-time data collection system
- Provide data-focused solutions and obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Experience working with stacks such as BigQuery, DataFlow, DataPrep, Dataproc, Data Studio, Pub/Sub, Kafka, Apache Airflow, and the like
- Experience defining schemas and growing a Data Warehouse
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Data Encodings such as Avro, Parquet, Protobuf, and the like
- Experience with HBASE derived databases, especially BigTable
- Experience with Apache Beam or Apache Flink
- Experience with Lambda Architectures
What you'll be doing
- Creating data pipelines to handle batch and steaming ETLs
- Create and implement efficient solutions to enrich existing data workflows
- Create software/technology that will be the foundations for future machine learning engines such as personalization and recommendations
- Identifying and report data resilience issues to key stakeholders
Teamwork First: Our product and innovation are a reflection of our team and culture. We care about results, but not at the expense of the team.
Be your own customer: We think like a customer and set high standards for ourselves. We want to build things we would use and we empathize with the customer to bring their ideas to life.
Think big. Plan Big. Execute big: We have an appetite for big ideas that move the team and company closer to our mission. We plan accordingly and believe that big ideas require big execution.
Transparency & Clarity: We believe ideas, feelings, and information are never hidden. We are prepared to give and receive constructive feedback in order to grow our team and company.
Bring your 'A' Game: We believe when we set a high bar for our work, seek feedback from others, and iterate on our process we can achieve whatever we set out to do.
Benefits & Perks:
Top tier health care, dental, and vision plans
Flextime off - we encourage everyone to relax, refresh and come back energized
Ergonomic desk setups at the office
Stocked snacks and weekly lunches at the office
If you are thinking twice about applying:
We don’t expect you to be an expert at everything. Extensive on-the-job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Who we are.
We are a young and growing startup located in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page.