What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Software Development Engineer, Data Validation to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
Testing is evolving at Procore and we’re looking for passionate system thinkers to help shape this transformation. As a Software Development Engineer, Data Validation, you’ll create the tools and systems for validating all data flowing through these systems and the integrity of the systems transporting it. You will specialize in systems that need to support vast quantities of data moving at speed through Procore’s data architecture. You’ll push our systems to their limits and beyond, improving our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) automation infrastructure, providing our engineers with the transparency needed to move swiftly and with confidence.
This position will report to the Manager of Data Systems and Reliability, and has the opportunity to be located in any of our US offices. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally to create the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles
- Lead the implementation of test framework and test data pipeline updates in collaboration with Application Developers, System Reliability Engineers, and Data Engineers to ensure the data integrity and quality.
- Mentor data engineers, providing guidance and assistance on how to introduce tests at the appropriate steps of the data pipeline.
- Own portions of Procore’s testing infrastructure and ensure it is functional and available at all times
- Make tactical decisions related to tests, test plans, test frameworks, and other test artifacts to ensure function value
What we’re looking for:
- Computer Science degree or comparable understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases (operating principles, schema design, and SQL), networking, and security
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- Expertise building data pipelines (in either Real-time or batch) on large complex datasets using Spark or other open source frameworks
- Experience with AWS services including EC2, S3, Glue, EMR, RDS, Snowflake, Elastic Search, Cassandra and Data pipeline/streaming tools (Airflow, NiFi, Kafka)
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Deep knowledge of stream processing using Kafka and Kstream, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Expertise in Java or Python
- Automation experience in a distributed/service-oriented architecture environment
- Extensive experience with performance/load testing
- Advanced knowledge of security vulnerabilities
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.