Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
An experienced risk analyst is a highly motivated team player with self-learning ability who specialize in creating, driving and executing initiatives to mitigate fraud patterns while improving the customer’s experience for Dave’s millions of customers. The day to day job involves identifying fraud patterns based on analysis of huge data sets, creating mitigations to prevent fraud and adapting advanced proprietary fraud prevention mechanisms to enable Dave’s business growth. Our relentless innovation is aimed towards continually identifying fraud attacks across every state of the customer life cycle and enabling real-time intelligent decisions. The risk analyst works with a wide variety of partners in the company such as product compliance experts, fraud and risk management, data scientists and engineers to bring her/his analytical insights to work. The ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical skills suited to approach varied challenges in complex big data environments. Risk Analysts will be required to drive solutions from start to finish, have a strong sense of accountability coupled with passion for a great customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Drive End-to-End processes with partners across many organizations
- Plan and execute long-term projects from start to finish.
- Drive partners from across the company to help in the execution process.
- Think and execute product requests to help Risk achieve their goals of reducing fraud losses and improving customers’ experience.
- Develop data-driven decision strategies to support the business’ financial goals, monitor their impact and adjust it according to the dynamic world we operate in.
- Work with Dave’s detailed business data to optimize performance and minimize financial loss across multiple products.
- Advocate for your data products by contributing to business cases that improve prioritization and identify new trends and opportunities for your space.
- Cultivate relationships with partners across fraud, risk management, operations, product, policy, and engineering to remove roadblocks, provide insight, and build risk/fraud roadmap.
- Create analytical frameworks to measure team success: partner with teams to determine success metrics, create approaches to track the data and troubleshoot errors, measure and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these Indicators.
- Works independently and proficiently. Accountable for own results. Reviews are mainly for consultation and sharing ideas.
- Works on multiple assignments simultaneously and in all areas of a standard project in the area of responsibility.
- Ad-hoc analysis to address urgent high impact analysis for business stakeholders
- Mentors junior data analysts.
- Excellent communication skills to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of quantitative analyses experience in the financial industry to build data-driven strategy for solving risk management/fraud detection problems.
- High proficiency in fundamental technical skills (experience with SQL/programming/scripting language). Familiar with Python is a plus.
- Has solid knowledge of internal and external business processes and data, systems and flows, as well as analytic tools, processes, and methodologies, solutions do the job with a high level of proficiency and quality.
- Has a solid understanding of EServ financial outcomes, initiatives, strategies, and future directions, as well as organization structures to be able to see the big picture, connect the dots, and navigate organization structures with relative ease.
- Has some basic understanding of business and finance in the context of the mobile banking business.
- Experience collaborating with and understanding the needs of stakeholders from a variety of business functions, including product, risk, compliance, finance and so on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech preferred
- Previous work on evaluating product iterations or experiments
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.