Senior Marketing Analyst – Business Analytics at SimplePractice (Santa Monica, CA or Remote)
At SimplePractice, our team is dedicated to improving the health and wellness industry by building a suite of innovative solutions for practitioners and their clients. Our product supports practitioners on their clinical journey to becoming licensed, helps them manage their business and practice once they’re up and running, and enables new clients to discover and interact with practitioners. Taking a practitioner-first approach in everything we do makes it possible for health and wellness practitioners to devote more time to their clients while they use SimplePractice to start, grow, and maintain a successful private practice.
On the Marketing Analytics team, you will be integral to our company growth through the insights you uncover and the thoughtful recommendations you make. You will team up with leaders of our product, website, customer experience, and marketing teams. You will also be visible to the executive group and must be able to build a succinct story from the data.
Do you love building rich analyses, solving problems, and helping your business partners achieve complex goals? We are seeking an experienced analyst to translate data into actionable insights to help optimize our online marketing campaigns. A person in this role must have in-depth data analytics knowledge and expertise, experience in marketing-critical metrics and digital marketing strategy, and a familiarity with advertising measurement tools and technology.
- Own Google Analytics data ingress and reporting; connect the user journey from advertising to site, to product usage. Work closely with the SEM and SEO teams, understanding the data, building goals, and reporting on progress.
- You will interact daily with senior marketing and brand leadership partners to translate their goals and objectives into measurable development plans through collection of analytic requirements, providing answers to business questions, making recommendations based on data evidence, and working together to drive business improvement and optimization. Success will largely be driven by your ability to work both independently and through a strong team function to make critical decisions.
- Your data visualization expertise will be applied through building and maintaining rich, dynamic analytic dashboards; displaying results in easy-to-consume reports that help our partners understand their business and its drivers.
- Interact with marketing managers and external vendors to understand goals and objectives, develop analytic requirements, provide answers to business questions, make recommendations, and join efforts in driving business improvement and optimization.
- Develop end-to-end reporting solutions from multiple data structures and sources. Own the design, development and implementation of enterprise-wide views, dashboards and custom reporting.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field such Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Finance
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing analytics or data science
- 5+ years of experience with SQL; ability to write efficient queries and effectively manipulate data
- Highly proficient in Google Analytics
- Comfortable with one or more database engines, preferably Snowflake
- Highly proficient or expert in one or more visualization tools, preferably Looker, Tableau, or Periscope
- Superb communication skills
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders
- Experience obtaining strategic and detailed analytics requirements
- Excellent data analysis skills (investigation, modeling, mapping and gap analysis)
- Familiarity with analytical techniques, including trend analysis, forecasting, and experiment design
- Ability to actively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage a vast array of information
- Postgraduate degree a plus
- Experience creating linear regression models, predictive models and forecasts in R/Python
- Experience or exposure to other programming tool sets, e.g. Jupyter Notebook, data formats such as parquet & JSON
- Experience with Cloud-based infrastructure, particularly AWS
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).