Senior Manager, Insights & Analytics at Zwift
Who we’re looking for:
You will play a key role in Zwift’s growth by evangelizing a data-informed culture by helping to build the technical infrastructure, processes, and capabilities to support this. You will have a passion for data and a proven track record of managing projects and delivering business-critical solutions.
You are both a people manager and a hands-on contributor. You’ll support efforts to bring a data-driven approach to all areas of the business from acquisition to engagement and retention. You will build trusted relationships with a broad range of teams including product, engineering, strategy, CRM, and marketing.
You will breathe data on a daily basis, and have an insatiable curiosity about all aspects of Zwift’s business. You’ll apply these skills to validate intuitions and hypotheses and to proactively surface insights that inform business and product decisions. If this is you, come join our team!
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe-inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is to ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH.
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including Headspace, Unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you’ll do:
- Promote data-driven decision making throughout the organization by collaborating with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, strategy, CRM and marketing
- Be an analytics translator: identifying business problems that analytics can help solve, guiding technical teams in the creation of analytics-driven solutions to these problems, and embedding these solutions into business operations
- Deliver actionable insights and recommendations, and build trusted relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that these insights are acted upon
- Partner with product management and engineering teams to define success metrics and provide analysis on the performance of new product launches and feature enhancements
- Drive adoption of data, governance and analytics best practices, in pursuit of world-class excellence in analytics
- Prioritize your work, and that of your team, to balance delivery of proactive and actionable insights with a timely turnaround on ad hoc requests that support key company initiatives
- Be a leader as well as a team player, willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make your projects a success
What we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years of experience in data analytics for a consumer-facing, digital-first business (subscription business experience)
- Master's or advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Ability to perform complex analyses with large amounts of data, create actionable insights and tailor the communication to various stakeholders including the executive team and product and engineering teams
- In-depth knowledge of marketing analytics including channel performance, multi-channel campaign analysis, attribution, and mix modeling
- Experience with customer funnel analytics and using insights to optimize customer experiences across the end-to-end subscription lifecycle
- Experience designing and analyzing multivariate experiments for product, app, web and marketing teams
- Expertise in querying databases and coding languages such as SQL, R, Python, etc.
- Deep knowledge of analytics/BI and data visualization tools like Tableau, Google Analytics, Sisense
- Experience in a complex, cross-functional organizations where you and your team needs to collaborate and integrate into teams across many disciplines
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Extra credit for experience leveraging quantitative and qualitative primary research to complement behavioral analytics
- Passion for cycling, running, or triathlons
- Passion for video games
- Experienced Zwifter
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.