Senior Manager, Consumer Insights
MeUndies sells underwear, sure. But because we’re vertically-integrated, direct-to-consumer, and handle everything from design to marketing to shipping, we bring our customers much more than just undies. We’re a lifestyle brand devoted to self-expression and basics that are anything but simple. A great pair of undies can brighten up your day and a great underwear company keeps it going. We wear our brand as a badge of honor and we’re not afraid to share it.
MeUndies is seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Consumer Insights who is passionate about driving businesses growth through deep consumer and market analysis. They will execute key quantitative and qualitative research projects to help better understand our current and potential future customers and will have the ability to think strategically. They’ll work closely with other research team members in the design, development, and deployment of research projects for the company.
- Serve as the voice of the consumer in interactions with internal team members.
- Manage and grow the Consumer Insights team.
- Develop and synthesize insights into frameworks that inform brand strategy and drive key business decisions company wide.
- Define and drive an integrated market research strategy and plan to proactively provide a comprehensive view of the customer, market, and brand across our company.
- Manage all aspects of primary research, including partnering with key stakeholders to frame problems, designing research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
- Use customer surveys, focus groups, and other consumer research methods to collect primary research.
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable insights through thoughtful data collection, in-depth analysis, sharp observations, smart story-telling, and compelling presentations.
- Present and evangelize results and recommendations to teams and executive staff.
- Analyze data and synthesize insights using SPSS, Excel and other analytical tools to draw meaningful and actionable business recommendations.
- Develop reports and presentations and communicate key findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and work with research suppliers on key research projects with regard to sampling, fieldwork, quality control, quota management, analysis, reporting, etc.
- Participate in short term and long term strategic planning for consumer research initiatives.
- BA or BS degree in quantitative fields like Statistics, Math, Social Science etc. A graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- At least 4+ years of hands on experience with consumer research, preferably at a market research supplier or a subscription services company, and at least 1 year of people management experience.
- Experience with a wide array of brand, marketing/advertising and consumer research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience in designing and writing online questionnaires and day-to-day project management of fielding studies.
- Broad and deep research experience across qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market segmentation, brand tracking, advertising effectiveness (TV and digital), packaging research, concept testing, market sizing, forecasting, pricing, NPS/customer satisfaction, syndicated data analysis, ethnographic research, etc.)
- Mastery of survey theory with hands-on experience using well-known survey and analysis tools such as Qualtrics, MarketSight, etc.
- Top-notch writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proactive, self-starter attitude; comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities/needs
- Demonstrated team player mentality - ability to work effectively across multiple projects and teams.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?It's more than a job.We’re a team of kind, smart, diverse, and fun people who are building an amazing business and brand.
So we look at the big things.We offer competitive equity/salary packages, plus generous parental leave, 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off. You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
And the little things.Everybody gets access to an on-site gym, snacks, and an office keg (choose the cold brew by day, and the IPA by night).
Even everyday things.There’s a structured review process, regular feedback surveys, and a focus on open communication—all to make sure you’re thriving, happy, and growing.
And those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet, sweet MeUndies discount, as well as a complimentary monthly subscription for our feel-good undies.