Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
MeUndies sells underwear, sure. But because we’re vertically-integrated, direct-to-consumer, and handle everything from design to marketing to shipping, we bring our customers much more than just undies. We’re a lifestyle brand devoted to self-expression and basics that are anything but simple. A great pair of undies can brighten up your day and a great underwear company keeps it going. We wear our brand as a badge of honor and we’re not afraid to share it.
The Senior Manager of Business Intelligence will be responsible for translating transactional, performance, and operating data into actionable insights that improve our day to day execution; everything from monitoring customer cohort trends, marketing campaign performance, to operational efficiency metrics. You will partner closely with teams and develop a deep understanding of their business needs, then create innovative, insightful, and user-friendly tools that enable them to manage their businesses more effectively. You will also proactively drive analyses that will lead to deeper insights and recommendations.
You will be responsible for the overall data architecture strategy which will include how we provide our business partners timely, flexible and structured access to business data. Your team will build and maintain database solutions that are used for daily/weekly/monthly reporting and drive business decisions, which requires working with the massive amount of data available through our Data Warehouse. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using reporting tools, modeling data, building reports and dashboards, and administering the platform software in order to create a culture where data and analytics are the foundation for a solid decision-making process.
- Own our data infrastructure, from our Data Warehouse (Redshift) to our BI reporting tool (Looker) and evaluate future tools.
- Drive development of tools, reporting improvement and automation, and create new innovative and insightful reports in a timely manner.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes through simplification and automation.
- Develop a vision for how to drive a Business Intelligence team to create changes in business partnerships, analytics, and metrics/reporting to drive revenue impact.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather data and reporting requirements from business functions such as Analytics, Marketing, Product, and Consumer Insights.
- Actively identify, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written recommendations that help drive customer experience and program improvements.
- Provide analytical support such as the evaluation of business proposals.
- Support the company with ad-hoc data requests and analytical needs, projects and deliver advanced SQL support and training.
- Lead and grow a Business Intelligence team of talented analysts.
- At least 4+ years of hands-on experience with business intelligence, analytics and/or data science, and at least 1 year of direct people management experience.
- Advanced hands-on experience with SQL (PostgreSQL, Redshift, etc.).
- An excellent knowledge of data warehouse principles and reporting.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming languages such as R and Python.
- The ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely through big data analysis.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to dive deep and be hands-on is critical.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related discipline.
- Experience building models such as linear or logistic regression, k-means clustering, etc.
- Project management skills and an ability to drive multiple initiatives against tight deadlines.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?It's more than a job.We’re a team of kind, smart, diverse, and fun people who are building an amazing business and brand.
So we look at the big things.We offer competitive equity/salary packages, plus generous parental leave, 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off. You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
And the little things.Everybody gets access to an on-site gym, snacks, and an office keg (choose the cold brew by day, and the IPA by night).
Even everyday things.There’s a structured review process, regular feedback surveys, and a focus on open communication—all to make sure you’re thriving, happy, and growing.
And those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet, sweet MeUndies discount, as well as a complimentary monthly subscription for our feel-good undies.