Senior Manager, Analytics
MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than twelve million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
With a growing company, comes a growing team full of innovative people. The main responsibility of the Senior Manager of Analytics is to provide strategic analyses that support company-wide decision-making. This will span owning our visualization and self-serve data tool (Looker), performing analyses to uncover hidden insights, and pushing the team toward predictive analytics. You will partner closely with teams across the organization to develop a deep understanding of their needs and create innovative, user-friendly tools that enable them to manage the business more effectively. You will also proactively drive analyses that lead to deeper insights about our business, our customers, and how we can best position ourselves for short and long-term growth. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Analytics & Consumer Insights.What You’ll Do
- Execute long-range and ad hoc analyses to uncover opportunity areas that drive business improvements. Craft recommendations and presentations for stakeholder and executive audiences.
- Types of project you’ll work on: member churn drivers, order composition analysis, marketing channel attribution, breakeven CPA analysis
- Projects are expected to be executed via a combination of leveraging Looker, SQL, Python, and/or modeling in Excel.
- Meet the data demands of a fast-paced, high-growth business by owning and optimizing the self-service analytics environment in Looker. The Looker visualization platform is viewed as the ‘source of truth’ for all departments and is used daily by dozens of users.
- Provide data warehouse requirements to a Data Engineer.
- Identify new data sources/services and work with the Data Engineer on requirements for the flow of data between all internal systems and third-parties.
- Help build out data science capabilities for the MeUndies organization and work with Engineering to deploy predictive models.
- Support departments such as Performance Marketing and Inventory/Physical Product with reporting and strategic project needs.
- Support Digital Product team with A/B testing analysis and recommendations.
- Present project findings and communicate regularly to stakeholder groups and executives.
- Partner with the Sr. Director to set the overall vision and roadmap for Analytics at MeUndies.
- Manage the intake of stakeholder requests for Analytics and prioritize workflow within the team.
- Mentor rising analytics talent on the team
- Extensive experience (7+ years) in a relevant field such as Consulting, Business Intelligence, Analytics or similar
- 3+ years of project or people management experience
- Advanced SQL and Excel modeling skills
- Advanced experience with data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of data architecture and warehouse strategies
- Experience collaborating with BI teams and/or Data Engineers
- The ability to craft visually appealing decks and tell clear and concise stories
- Experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Strong business acumen
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proven project management, prioritization, and delegation skills
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- An innate love of solving hard problems and helping people make sense of data
- A desire to dig in as an individual contributor, but also the ability to lead and inspire rising talent
- Experience with DTC e-commerce and/or membership business models
- Familiarity with systems/tools used around the org - Google Analytics, Heap, Segment
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Python
- Experience creating and deploying predictive models
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.