Senior Database Engineer at System1
The Role You Will Have
- Architect, build, and maintain a coherent and performance data architecture
- Provide strategic database solutions ensuring database performance, security, scalability, and resiliency.
- Prototype, develop, deploy, and debug data ingestions and data management services
- Maintain database performance by monitoring production databases and identifying and fixing production issues
- Perform database system upgrades
- Evaluate, recommend, and perform proof-of-concepts for new database toolsets and systems
- Design databases and construct queries and reports to guide architectural design, business decisions, and optimization algorithms
- Take projects through the full engineering lifecycle: architecting, building, testing, and deploying
- Participate in peer code reviews and produce high quality documentation
- Support users by conducting training sessions, resolving reported issues, and defining company-wide best practices.
- Support database functions by designing and developing database utilities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) related to the data management process and data management systems.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience working with large SQL datastores (PostgreSQL, Redshift, and Snowflake preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in a database team lead or architect role
- Experience with Linux and the AWS ecosystem
- Strong desire to learn Python
What We Have To Offer
- Paid Parking or an ORCA Card
- Cross-team lunches and tech demos to foster learning
- Unlimited paid sick time, 17 days of PTO, and 10 paid company holidays
- Competitive Benefits package
- Weekly catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Happy Hours at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Bellevue
- Weekly yoga and fitness classes with private trainer
- Company parties and outings