Senior Database Administrator
FabFitFun is seeking an innovative and self-driven Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to join our growing Data Infrastructure team for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and business-driven data products. This will include operational duties such as restoring/refreshing environments, deploying releases, and also architectural duties such as schema and code review, and troubleshooting slow queries. There will also be opportunities for growth in writing ETL/ELT for data lake in S3, as well as being a part of the Enterprise Architecture initiative with data governance and privacy. Our Senior DBAs partner with existing Data Engineering/Data Science teams to develop critical data pipelines for making real-time decisions and business recommendations. The ideal candidate would a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
What You'll Do:
- Performance monitoring and tuning of database queries in production.
- Review and tune parameter groups for MySQL and Postgres.
- Manage Work Load Management (WLM) in Redshift.
- Build dashboards for database health and alerting.
- Review existing infrastructure and optimize legacy system.
- Develop data models for all production schemas.
- Maintenance and Administration for Aurora MySQL RDS, Redshift, S3.
- Perform Terraform deployments of database instances/users/groups/Permissions.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Liquibase or Schema or similar Schema version control software
- Extensive experience with design & development of relational databases and data warehouses
- Advanced level of proficiency in mySQL development and architecture, including designing new schemas
- Strong knowledge & expertise with ETL/ELT tools like AWS Glue, Talend, or Airflow
- Experience with AWS S3 and RDS, Terraform is a big plus!
- Production experience in a high-traffic environment with Postgres and MySQL
- Intermediate knowledge of python and experience data modeling
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience on subscription service products is a huge plus!
- Data Lake experience is a huge plus!
What You'll Get:
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that are revolutionizing e-commerce
- Assist in helping FabFitFun achieve personalization through data science and analytics
- Full health-care coverage as well as dental and vision coverage and 401k
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Free FabFitFun subscription
- Paid parking
- Catered meals 3x/week