Dave is a banking app on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. To date, we've helped more than 11 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work, and build credit—and we're just getting started. We believe in a world where everyone has access to financial opportunity and the ability to reach their personal financial goals. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck.
As a virtual-first company, there is no preference on where we get our work done. You are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
Dave is looking for an experienced and passionate senior data scientist in our Data organization. This role will partner directly with product managers, engineers, marketing and other business partners across the business to research, develop, deploy and continuously improve the machine learning solutions to drive growth at Dave and improve user experience for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Be constantly curious and continue to pursue in-depth explorations of our datasets.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand the business problems, ideate ML solutions and effectively communicate to stakeholders.
- Research, develop and apply ML/AI solutions to solve business problems, including prediction, optimization, segmentation and so on.
- Perform in-depth analysis and optimization of state-of-the art ML models to ensure the best performance on current- and next-generation GPU, network and compute architectures.
- Partner with Engineering, Product team to develop and deploy ML solutions into product features.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluating model performance and communication to the relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct model related analyses to provide comprehensive insights about ML solutions.
What You'll Need
- BS/MS/PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or other STEM fields.
- 4+ years of industry modeling and machine learning experience to build ML-driven products for solving business problems eg. prediction, optimization, segmentation and so on.
- 4+ years experience as an ML scientist/engineer with proven ability in developing ML models in Python, C++
- Experience with ML/DL algorithms with frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark and cloud platforms.
- Ability to communicate your ideas/code clearly to business stakeholders.
- Enjoy working with multiple levels and teams across organizations (engineering, product and marketing teams etc.)
- Effective verbal/written communication, and technical presentation skills.
- Self-starter with passion for growth, real enthusiasm for continuous learning and sharing findings across the team.
- ML model deployment in production experience plus
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech plus
- Experience in credit, fraud, automation and personalization/recommendation system
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Unlimited PTO and generous company holidays
• Company laptop and home office stipend
• Personal financial advisor
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.