Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
Dave is looking for an experienced and passionate senior data scientist in our Data organization. This role will partner directly with product managers, engineers, marketing and other business partners across the business to research, develop, deploy and continuously improve the machine learning solutions to drive growth at Dave and improve user experience for our customers.
- Be constantly curious and continue to pursue in-depth explorations of our datasets.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand the business problems, ideate ML solutions and effectively communicate to stakeholders.
- Research, develop and apply ML/AI solutions to solve business problems, including prediction, optimization, segmentation and so on.
- Perform in-depth analysis and optimization of state-of-the art ML models to ensure the best performance on current- and next-generation GPU, network and compute architectures.
- Partner with Engineering, Product team to develop and deploy ML solutions into product features.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluating model performance and communication to the relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct model related analyses to provide comprehensive insights about ML solutions.
- BS/MS/PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or other STEM fields.
- 4+ years of industry modeling and machine learning experience to build ML-driven products for solving business problems eg. prediction, optimization, segmentation and so on.
- 4+ years experience as an ML scientist/engineer with proven ability in developing ML models in Python, C++
- Experience with ML/DL algorithms with frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark and cloud platforms.
- Ability to communicate your ideas/code clearly to business stakeholders.
- Enjoy working with multiple levels and teams across organizations (engineering, product and marketing teams etc.)
- Effective verbal/written communication, and technical presentation skills.
- Self-starter with passion for growth, real enthusiasm for continuous learning and sharing findings across the team.
- ML model deployment in production experience preferred
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech preferred
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.