We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies. Our mission is to invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential corporations.
Adventure awaits you…
Build innovative businesses from the ground up
We are shaping the next generation of startups, and we’re looking for the brightest minds in the business to help us. Our world-class, multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Engineering at BCGDV
Our multidisciplinary engineering team tackles challenges at their core. From product and test engineers to full stack engineers and data scientists, these venture builders all share a passion for innovative and emerging digital solutions. Working in collaboration with product and design teams, they use cutting-edge and custom technologies to imagine, build and launch breakthrough digital businesses that disrupt markets and generate untold value for businesses and consumers alike.
In your role you will...
- Create data segmentation and modeling
- Build innovative data products (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, real-time services, such as personalization and commerce graphing using Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering, senior stakeholders
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the BCG Digital Ventures team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
You should have...
- Expertise in techniques such as Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, and Graph Theory
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, R, or Scala
- Experience delivering data science components that are part of successful commercial products
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams to develop prototypes and software products that can be deployed across varied environments (e.g.: cloud, on-premises, devices, etc.)
- Knowledge of Big Data and Fast Data (i.e.: real time streaming)
- Experience working with clients and executives
Additional desired competencies are...
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, including expertise in recommendation systems, personalization, collaborative filtering and content based filtering
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.