At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
GoodRx is looking for extremely smart and curious data engineers, who are deft at working with a wide variety of languages, such as Python and SQL, a variety of raw data formats, such as parquet and CSV, in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You will collaborate and work with teams across GoodRx to build outstanding data pipelines and processes that stitch together complex sets of data stores in order to guide marketing decisions.
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, data analysts and engineers to define requirements and data specifications.
- Develop, deploy and maintain data processing pipelines using cloud technology such as AWS, Kubernetes, Airflow, Redshift, EMR.
- Develop, deploy and maintain serverless data pipelines using Event Bridge, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, S3 and Glue.
- Define and manage overall schedule and availability for a variety of data sets.
- Work closely with other engineers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability and efficiency.
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration.
- Act as in house data expert and make recommendations regarding standards for code quality and timeliness.
- Architect cloud-based data infrastructure solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, statistics, engineering, math, economics, science or related discipline.
- 5+ years professional experience in the big data space.5+ years' experience in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Spark, Flink etc...) on large scale data sets.
- Expert knowledge in writing complex SQL and ETL development with experience processing extremely large datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective product solutions.
- Deep familiarity with AWS Services (S3, Event Bridge, Glue, EMR, Redshift, Lambda)Ability to quickly learn complex domains and new technologies
- Innately curious and organized with the drive to analyze data to identify deliverables, anomalies and gaps and propose solutions to address these findings
- Thrives in fast-paced startup environment
Good To Have
- Experience with customer data platform tools such as Segment.
- Experience using Jira, GitHub, Docker, CodeFresh, Terraform.
- Experience contributing to full lifecycle deployments with a focus on testing and quality.
- Experience with data quality processes, data quality checks, validations, data quality metrics definition and measurement.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description