Procore is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join Procore’s Data and AI division to maintain, optimize and enhance the data pipeline that supports all user interaction analytics. You’ll be responsible for the user analytics pipeline’s end-to-end functionality, from the streaming service receiving the events from sources to the tools landing the events into the various sinks we use for analysis (Data lake, Amplitude, New relic Snowflake), to the modelization of the analytics event data sets.
As a Senior Data Engineer on the Data Platform team, you’ll partner with BI Engineers, Data Engineers, Software developers, SDETs, and Product Managers to ensure all user interactions within the Procore ecosystem are captured, sent to various tools, and appropriately modelized. Use your technical, organizational, and leadership skills to enhance the pipeline, making it “future proof” by driving scalability and resiliency while respecting architectural guidelines.
We’re looking for someone who can prioritize between good and great outcomes, striving to provide BI Engineers, Product Managers, and UX Engineers with insightful and qualitative data that empowers them to build cutting-edge tools.
If you’re intrinsically motivated and excited by the opportunity to lead a project that will provide Procore with the insight necessary to build industry-disrupting products—we’d love to hear from you.
This position reports to the Manager of Data Platform and can be based in our Austin, TX, Carpinteria, CA, or New York City office or work remotely from a US location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership to efforts around building a robust and scalable analytical data pipeline to support billions of events
- Help identify and propose solutions for technical and organizational gaps in our analytics pipeline by running proof of concepts and experiments working with Data Platform Engineers and Architects on implementation
- Contribute to code reviews, design reviews
- Partner with teams on modeling and analysis problems—from transforming problem statements into analysis problems, to working through data modeling and engineering, to analysis and communication of results
- Participate in the evolution of Data Engineering at Procore
- Create and share best practices for the development and deployment of data engineering solutions
- Working alongside our Product, UX, and IT teams, you’ll leverage your experience and expertise in the analytics event space to influence our product roadmap, developing innovative solutions that add additional capabilities to our tools
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift), JAVA, Airflow, PostgreSQL, Spark, Snowflake, and Data pipeline/streaming tools (Kafka) is preferred
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Successful history of building analytics pipeline moving billions of data points
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.