Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than eight million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
An experienced Data Analyst to spearhead analyses and provide meaningful insights into our users and product. The Data Analyst will leverage data on our users to build dashboards, answer key business questions, and tell compelling stories. This person will conduct in-depth analyses of our data, report on key metrics, and provide recommendations that will have a direct impact in shaping future product development and company initiatives. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual who loves working with and analyzing data.
- Be constantly curious and continue to pursue in-depth explorations of our datasets
- Support the internal Business Intelligence product with regards to new data and new reportingLeverage new techniques to investigate our data and incorporate external information to boost our knowledge of this market
- Communicate complicated data findings in a clear and concise manner to our multi-disciplined teams
- Collaborate with stakeholders including product, marketing, finance etc. on initiatives that improve our company-level KPIs and match our business priorities
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to uncover new business opportunities and better understand the levers of the business
- Ad-hoc analysis to address urgent high impact analysis for business stakeholders
- 4+ years of industry quantitative analyses experience to build data-driven products for solving business problems
- Familiarity with Product Analytics - understanding and tracking customer and user behavior using lenses like adoption, churn, cohorts and funnel analysis
- Experience collaborating with and understanding the needs of stakeholders from a variety of business functions, including product, marketing, finance and so on
- Proficient in SQL and/or other data query languages, familiarity with Python is a plus.
- Experience of handling large scale data with efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in any field which requires logical creative thinking, STEM majors MS degree preferred
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skillsPrevious development of the back-end management of a Business Intelligence tool (i.e. Tableau, Looker, Mode, or Periscope)
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech preferred
- Previous work on evaluating product iterations or experiments
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.