Senior Business Planning Analyst at The Black Tux
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:28 p.m. (PST) on Monday, January 6, 2020
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry, so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
To stay ahead of the growing demand and changing customer preferences, we are looking for a razor-sharp Business Planning Analyst to join our Merchandising and Planning team. This is a newly created position that will work directly with the VP of Merchandising and Planning to develop processes and tools that support The Black Tux inventory goals.
Our business is growing and changing rapidly, and your work will have a significant impact on our ability translate Demand side signals into Supply side actions. Your work product and insights will be leveraged by cross functional partners on the Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, and Merchandising Teams.
What You'll Do
- Improve upon and refine dynamic supply and demand models to optimize The Black Tux’ inventory investment relative to anticipated demand
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop optimal raw material and finished goods supply chain positions
- Lead monthly forecast review meetings and develop reporting tools and resources to disseminate information accurately and efficiently
- Run iterative Item Demand and Supply planning process and provide accurate and actionable guidance to Supply Chain and Operations teams
- Run weekly merchandise level sales reporting and provide insights, analysis and actions based on an objective and accurately constructed narrative
- Optimize Size level inventory investments to maximize In Stock availability as well as inventory turns
- Provide short, mid and long-term guidance to Supply Chain partners to effectively communicate sourcing needs at the vendor, product and material level.
- Optimize inventory across demand channels and locations and the product/fit/size level
- Support inventory needs and assortment optimization for showrooms
Who You Are
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Merchandise Planning
- Possess a clear understanding of retail measurements (e.g. sales, weeks of supply, inventory turn, sell through, etc.) and how to impact them
- Strong analytic, problem solving and judgement skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Competitive health insurance coverage
- Paid parking
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Open vacation time
- Stocked pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Quarterly team outings
- Company happy hours
- Free suit rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Read Full Job Description