Senior Business Insights Analyst - Marketing at FabFitFun, Inc.
FabFitFun is known in the marketplace for a fantastic community (over 1 million members), curated quarterly subscription box plus a companion video content service (both live and recorded). Our business is booming, and we are scaling our Engineering, Product, Data Science and Analytics teams to keep up with this hyper growth. Accordingly, we are seeking a Senior Business Insights Analyst to perform deep analytical work, providing both the analysis and recommendations for our internal teams. In this role, this Analyst will be tasked to source data and analyze the business impacts of various initiatives in partnership with many groups, mainly focused on our Marketing departments.
Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a strong communicator, incredibly curious, and technically capable with a desire to discover and deliver data-driven business insights. This role is critical to fuel our data-driven culture and to help us make informed business decisions.
What We’re Like:
- A collaborative learning culture: we work as a team to figure out solutions to the technological challenges of the day
- We focus on improving our customer’s experience every day, all the while taking the time necessary to make sure we do things the best we can
- We celebrate innovation and want every member at FFF to have the power to experiment and find novel, effective solutions
- Perform analyses and build reports using Looker and other reporting tools that will drive business outcomes, specifically for our Marketing departments (Acquisition, Consumer insights, etc)
- Conduct ad-hoc analytics requests using the internal data warehouse in Redshift, Microsoft Excel, and Looker
- Build Looker ML (design) and explorer to support self-service and dashboards
- Define reporting requirements in partnership with various team and translate that into technical specifications to build a comprehensive analytics solution
- Prep data for analytics using Python and other SQL tools
- Partner with our data engineering and technical teams to ensure that our data is accurate in our databases for reporting & analysis
- Build Looker dashboards that provide solid recommendations to business partners based on data insights
- Run statistical analysis and data mining as needed using Python (Jupyter notebook) and other statistical tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology or another technical field
- 3+ years of documented experience in a related analytical role
- Expert knowledge and ability to leverage SQL queries to surface data from source systems and build reports
- Proven success in delivering impactful insights and data visualization using Looker and other BI reporting tools including Tableau, Pentaho, or Microstrategy
- Excellent communicator and interest in leading projects
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL), cloud data platform (Redshift) & other business intelligence tools
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, including pivot tables, formulas, and charting
- Understanding of e-commerce or subscription business models
- Good to have Knowledge of various Merch planning platforms
- Experience working with Python, R and similar tools for data mining is a plus!
- Provide actionable data insights across our Marketing functions to enable optimization and identify new business opportunities
- Opportunity for a data enthusiast, not afraid of data deluge and messy data, and a great story-teller, to experiment and pioneer new frontiers
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store