Senior Analyst / Manager, Capacity Planning at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
ViacomCBS creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
Our team is looking for a Capacity Planner at the Senior Analyst or the Manager level. The Capacity Planner will immediately contribute towards optimizing the growth and performance of external resources across the Pluto TV brand. This role is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team and will work closely with all of the Pluto TV functional leads on their internal/external resource planning and forecasting.
The role will directly contribute to executive decision-making at all levels of the organization with insights and analysis on internally developed technology products and report to the VP, Finance & FP&A for Pluto TV.
This position will begin remotely and ultimately be located in our West Hollywood office.
This is a meaningful role to our organization with a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
- Reporting and Dashboards: Augmenting existing capacity planning processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Collaborating with the Technology, HR and FP&A teams to craft, improve and manage internal and external resource dashboards, monitor business performance, analyze business drivers, and provide meaningful insights and visualization of important metrics.
- Cost Forecasts: Working with SVP, Technology Strategy to handle priority accounts and to run revenue forecast models against existing business. Additionally, developing financial modeling forecasts for new, prospective partners using internal metrics to support.
- Financial Analysis: Developing business models, forecasts, and recommendations based on findings. Providing detailed monthly and quarterly financial overviews to management. Participating and supporting the month end close process including capitalization of internally developed software and complex internal allocations.
- Vendor Management: Collaborating with various Pluto TV departments and external vendors to ensure timely, and accurate payments and purchase orders. Work with internal teams on pricing and optimal contractual terminology.
- Organization Alignment: Coordinate strategic alignment of resources by working with project teams, functional line managers, and business operations teams to allocate and assign resources to project-based work in alignment with portfolio priorities. Ensure enterprise and project portfolio systems accurately reflect resource capacity and project demand across the entire portfolio.
- Long Range Planning: Develop resource demand models and forecasting algorithms to support long-range planning. Coordinate periodic analysis of resource impacts of portfolio changes.
- Process Improvement: Drive systematic improvements to data quality and work with teams to improve data and reporting to better support resource management & capacity planning. Collaborate with Portfolio Leads, Project Leads, and in partnership with all relevant stakeholders, support portfolio resource & capacity performance tracking and reporting. Provide leadership as business process experts for resource management and drive consistent resource management processes across Pluto TV functions; identify and lead changes to processes and tools in order to drive continuous improvement.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in the role:
- 4+ years overall work experience with at least 3 years in a capacity planning / HRIS / PMO / resource optimization role, perferably for a technology company or department.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with internal software development capitalization processes.
- Advanced Microsoft Office / Google suite skills, particularly Sheets/Excel and Slides/Powerpoint.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) with a willingness (and quick ability) to learn new software.
- Exceptional financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - be able to handle and synthesize large datasets to deliver critical insights in an easy-to-digest format for management and external partners.
- Business Model development and Forecasting abilities.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills particularly with external partners or clients.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!