Senior Analyst, Business Development at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
The Distribution Team is responsible for growing Pluto TV's service across a variety of platforms, including connected TV OEMs, MVPDs, consoles, and SMP operators, such as Vizio, Samsung, Amazon, Roku, and Google.
The Senior Analyst, Business Development Strategy, is a catalyst for optimizing the growth and performance of our distribution partnerships and new/ongoing critical initiatives.
This role directly contributes to executive decision-making at all levels of the organization with insights and analysis on distribution partner commercial terms and modeling of key initiatives.
This role reports to the Director of Distribution Business Development Strategy.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Financial Modeling: Working with Distribution Partner Growth, the FP&A & Corp Ops team, executives, and product partners to develop business models, prospective distribution partner projections, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Business Planning: Generating recurring financial and important metric forecasts for each distribution partner based on context, analyze progress toward important metric targets, and making recommendations to senior and executive leadership on meeting or exceeding targets based on the Operating Plan. This will require working closely with the Director of New Business Development, Distribution Partner Leads, Audience Development, and the Partner Marketing teams.
- Strategic Analysis: Participating in prospective partner projections, business value generation, and mid-cycle prioritization. Additionally, acting as the source of truth on business values for Quarterly Product Reviews.
- Dashboards & Reporting: Collaborating with the Business Intelligence and Product Teams to create and build dashboards to track and call important metrics for each partnership. Dashboards will take the form of weekly and monthly insights, as well as quarterly business reviews and ad hoc analyses as requested by senior leadership.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- At least 5 years overall work experience with at least 2 years working in a media, entertainment, or technology company. Past experience in a finance role is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency in data visualization with an ability to quickly learn new software.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to handle and synthesize large datasets in order to deliver critical insights in an easy-to-digest format for management and external partners.
- Have the discipline to carry out duties under general management oversight.
- Basic SQL proficiency a plus.