Regulatory Compliance - Junior Researcher
The Regulatory Compliance Engineer, will support the RC Manager through executing targeted research into specific aspects of regulatory and standards compliance and the creation of relevant records and reports.
- Evaluate, extract/data mine aviation, rail, OSHA, and international equivalent standards and assess applicability for Hyperloop One
- Generate requirements at Level 1-3 and levy on subsystems
- Develop design principles with respect to regulatory compliance to continuously review and improve the identification and application of elements of the corrective action process, including problem identification, failure analysis, root cause analysis, problem correction, recurrent control and verification of effectiveness
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, implement, and manage regulatory compliance accreditations and programs
- Lead efforts to successfully complete and return customer and regulatory surveys and questionnaires with a focus on data accuracy and on-time completion
- Support proposal teams from a compliance perspective
- Identiy safety requirements from applicable legislation /regulation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Rigorous and methodical with a keen attention to detail and
- Technical background is useful, but not essential; familiarity with structured research and reporting is more important.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Identified safety requirements from applicable legislation /regulation
Minimum Required Experience:
- Graduate education or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with other collaboratively and constructively
- Research, analysis and reporting
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field
- Proven experience in aerospace or rail industry
- Experience in legal or regulatory compliance environment
- Experience of supporting products to meet regulatory requirements