What you’ll do…
- Analyze new acquisitions and development opportunities and prepare financial analysis on the viability of each transaction, incorporating a variety of capital and financing structures.
- Perform acquisition due diligence including the review of leases, financial conditions, historical property operating results, financial assumptions and other information.
- Complete accurate and thorough worksheets, reports, briefs, and proposals.
- Prepare internal and external presentation materials and documents (e.g., pitch materials, pro-formas, LOI’s).
- Perform analysis and run financial models to support decision-making regarding the profitability and capital structure of properties and funds during the asset’s holding period.
- Review and extract information from broker marketing books and third-party research.
- Work cross-functionally to enhance utilization of internal data in order to increase accuracy of underwriting.
- Develop and produce accurate and complete required reporting to lenders, partners, and senior management.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete transition-related tasks including, but not limited to, developing budgets, reviewing leases, reviewing offering memorandum, responding to lenders to resolve underwriting questions, reviewing loan documents, and running models to show budget implications within established timeframes.
- Work closely with senior management in creating new revenue streams and expansion opportunities.
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, or another related field
- 2+ years in Real Estate underwriting and/or finance
- Deep knowledge of real estate valuation and financial modelling; experience with travel trends, hospitality, hotels, tourism and the short-term and vacation rental market a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modelling techniques
- A passion for all things real estate
- Ability to adapt to changing and ambiguous situations as well as to work within a fast-paced, hyper growth environment
- A desire to learn, grow and assume responsibility for large investments on a national scale
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define and resolve problems that balance multiple needs and interests
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas, instructions and information effectively, both orally and in writing
Perks and Benefits...
- Salary: $80,000-$100,000 + Bonus + ESOP
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office