About the Principal Machine Learning Engineer at Headspace:
We are looking for a highly technical and senior engineer to join our Machine Learning team. As a member of the Machine Learning team you will be responsible for architecting, planning and executing the team’s roadmap. As a principal engineer you will be expected to be the domain owner of all things Machine Learning at Headspace and provide mentorship to other engineers.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Drive significant technology initiatives end to end and across multiple layers of architecture and business
- Lead other engineers in the development of complex, multi-component, scalable AI platforms and services
- Coach and mentor other engineers in career growth, methodologies, best practices, and processes
- Align design and technical decisions across internal organizations
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model for those pursuing technical career path in AI/ML engineering
- Increase internal and external company visibility in the AI community through open source, talks/presentations, etc.
What you’ve accomplished:
- MS or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of software engineering experience (with at least 3 years for large businesses or enterprises)
- 4+ years of experience with AI/ML technologies
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex distributed systems
- 3+ years of experience with distributed processing systems (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, or HPC)
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Strong experience in OO design and programming (strong proficiency in at least one of Java, Scala or Python)
- Proven track record of leading cross-team initiatives and driving initiatives end-to-end from inception to production
- Strong problem solving and communication skills and ability to influence across internal organizations
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable services
- Experience with distributed data storage systems (e.g. Vertica, HDFS, DynamoDB, Hive, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience with container and server-less technologies is also desired (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.