Back in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear company when it launched the very first online underwear subscription service. Since then, the LA-based DTC company has inspired a passionate (some might say obsessed) community with its super-soft Undies and Loungewear that Buzzfeed describes as “actual heaven against your skin.”
Fast forward to today, and MeUndies has sold more than 9 million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. The company has redefined the transactional subscription model with a more community-focused, Membership approach—putting an emphasis on long-lasting Member relationships through special perks.
With its continued innovation, MeUndies has managed to stay ahead of the curve and offers multiple purchase options (singles, packs, matching pairs, & membership). It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
MeUndies is hiring a senior planner to help achieve the company’s overall inventory management objectives and financial results by ensuring the right product is available at the right time. As a senior planner, you will act as a business manager for specific departments/categories, partnering with merchandising to build assortment plans and owning the forecasting and buying process for those departments.
What You’ll do
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sales, inventory and margin plans that tie to financial targets for assigned departments/categories.
- Support Director of Planning in developing forecast and unit plan that supports revenue, cost, unit, and margin goals to drive sales and profitability.
- Support Director of Planning in creating pre-season inventory Plans, that are consistent with the company’s top-down financial budget, to be used in development of seasonal merchandise strategies and to support line development and buying needs.
- Own, in collaboration with the Director of Planning and Director of Merchandising seasonal Hindsight process, reviewing product trends, identifying opportunities to maximize sales and profitability within the seasonal roadmap and assortment plan.
- Manage seasonal Open To Buy for assigned product categories, ensuring fiscal control and inventory management to hit company KPI targets.
- Create Dashboards and reports and become a product expert in MeUndies product categories.
- Own monthly, quarterly and seasonal trend analysis down to style/color/size level detail to identify future opportunities and current risks.
- Develop tools that enable quick reporting in Key Areas; Inventory availability, out of stock, daily red flag dashboard
- PO management and tracking across multiple systems and teams.
- Develop the Planning and Allocation process for MeUndies brick-and-mortar Retail channel, building reports, placing seasonal buys, allocating product, and working with logistics to ensure product deliveries are on time.
You’ll Love This Job If You’re
- A proactive, detail oriented and organized professional. You’re able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who loves collaboration. You’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
- A detailed, analytical and results-driven planner with a track record of success at identifying and leveraging business opportunities
- A quick learner with an ability to analyze sales data quickly and efficiently
- A strong communicator
- A people person and a team player
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in apparel planning, merchandising, or buying
- Strong strategic thinking & analytical skills
- Retail math knowledge
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional collaboration skills - you enjoy working in a team setting
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong point-of-view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Ability to maintain strong cross-functional partnerships and foster a team environment
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.