Manager, Traffic & Marketing Analytics
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds has a world-class analytics organization that’s made up of talented, smart and dedicated individuals who have a direct influence on the organization. Data is at the center of everything we do.
Edmunds is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Manager of Traffic & Marketing Analytics who is a leader in multi-channel digital measurement with experience in implementing and/or refining multi-touch attribution models, understands digital (Paid, SEO) and traffic data architecture, initiates new strategies & recommendations based on actionable insights and analysis, and oversees the tactical execution of all measurement solutions.
The ideal candidate is also a natural problem-solver that enjoys working with large data sets and is proactive in exploring database tables and using data to make clear and convincing business cases.
The Manager of Traffic & Marketing Analytics will also play a crucial role in continuing to develop and improve our traffic and digital marketing reporting suite and will assume a leadership role in monitoring & assessing performance of our various traffic acquisition channels, analyzing effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, and identifying areas of optimization and growth by extracting insights through modeling, testing and experimentation.
The right candidate will also have experience working across business and functional boundaries, partnering with internal clients to provide decision-making support through analytic insights.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with significant business and digital marketing acumen that is interested in playing with the wealth of structured and unstructured data available within the car buying ecosystem. Curiosity and business intellect a must.
Edmunds is a fast growing and innovative company. Qualified candidate should do well in a fast pacedenvironment with multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the expert & leader in data interpretation to empower executives, stakeholders, andbusiness owners in making data-driven business decisions.
- Serve as the team lead in monitoring & assessing performance specific to traffic and digital marketing, and communicating insights directly to executives and stakeholders in a concise and clear manner.
- Collaborate on the establishment of enterprise digital standards and analytic best practices toensure optimal channel activation.
- Co-lead monthly investment planning meetings with Marketing, Product, and Analytics and make recommendations in marketing strategy and testing based on insights and analysis.
- Develop, evaluate, and refine analytics & statistical models (time-series, regression) to answer business questions, and identify areas of optimization and growth
- Prepare visualizations of data in order to explain and persuade
- Design, conduct and lead complex analyses that mine, extract, track, report and analyze digital marketing and traffic performance metrics.
- Create and produce accurate forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc. utilizing our data warehouse and other data source systems.
- Maintain, enhance, and develop automated standard traffic and digital marketing reporting to addto our existing reporting suite.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years in Traffic Acquisition (SEO, Paid), Marketing Analytics and/or Business Intelligence or Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, business analytics, etc. with at least 5 years of related work experience
- 3+ years dedicated digital marketing experience, including management of digital analytics implementations and reporting solutions;
- Understanding of marketing clouds and digital data technologies (DMPs, Google 360 Suite, digital pixel tracking, site tagging, etc.) preferred;
- Understanding of the technology associated with creating and maintaining a single ID view of the consumer (Cross Device Integration)
- Experience with mixed media modeling and digital attribution technology such as DCM, DV360, Convertro or Visual IQ;
- Thorough knowledge of digital strategy development, digital strategies, channels and measurement/analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence change;
- Strong analytical and data mining skills
- Excellent programming skills in SQL and R, or SAS, or Python
- Strong data modeling / statistical analysis / predictive modeling experience required (R, SASand/or Pytho
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Powerful Storyteller of Data
- Exposure to BI tools such as Tableau or Interana is a plus
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, business analytics preferred
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.