Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Integrated Software organization builds SW systems that impact teams all across the company, from flight and launch systems, to our 3D printers. As the Manager of Machine Learning Platform, you’ll create a new pillar in our team by facilitating the workflow and collaboration between data scientists, software engineers and DevOps teams to advance our goals of making our additive manufacturing processes more intelligent.
What you’ll do:
- Develop tools and the machine learning pipeline consisting of Data and Model Provenance/Versioning, Model Orchestration, Explainability, Data Assessment, Model Assessment, and Production Monitoring
- Lead, manage, and grow a team of machine learning software engineers specializing in infrastructure, high-performance computing, big data technologies, and automating the training, retraining, and deployment of models to production.
- Develop the tools and infrastructure that all us to quickly train and apply models that increase the efficiency of additive manufacturing.
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines (mechanical engineering, additive manufacturing, propulsion) to build and ship reliable systems to production
- Collaborate on the technology vision and roadmap for machine learning and how it influences our factory of the future.
What you need to know:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers focused on building infrastructure, distributed systems, high-performance computing, or Big Data systems
- Experience managing the machine learning release cycle (MLOps) for automating the training and retraining of models and CICD pipeline for deploying and maintaining models in production.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary environments
- Experience delivering models that perform in real-time control systems
- Experience working with vision or other sensor systems
- Data Assessment: class imbalances, evaluate protected features, correlations, data representability
- Model Assessment: feature importance, model specific methods, domain knowledge abstraction, model metrics analysis
- Outstanding management and team development skills: mentorship, career growth planning, individual roadmaps, and delivering transparent feedback
- Experience with the following products or libraries: DVC, ModelDB, Pachyderm, Algorithmia, Seldon, MLEAP, DEEPDETECT, ELI5, SHAP, XAI
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.