Company Overview: Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Team: The Machine Learning team at Relativity is responsible for advising and developing tools that allow other teams to make decisions using data driven, stochastic, and dare we say, intelligent, methods. We value team members from diverse backgrounds who can contribute to the core responsibility of developing tools and models capable of advancing Relativity’s additive manufacturing technology.
What you’ll do: The Additive Development group is looking for a Manager – Data Science to join us in solving the most complex problems in Additive Manufacturing. You will be expected to leverage your leadership and problem solving skills to guide our talented team in the architecture, development, and deployment of new tools, models, and initiatives. These will be focused on a wide array of physical, technical problems and phenomena related to depositing molten metal to form an orbital launch vehicle. You will be responsible for setting the course for your team, ensuring their projects are allocated the appropriate prioritization and resources for success. Most importantly, you empower your team through empathy, trust, guidance and advocating for their ideas as necessary.
You are as comfortable designing an FIR low pass filter as you are deploying TensorFlow models on a VM instance. You can conceptually and analytically jump between time, frequency, and spatial domains for data analysis. Your ability to exercise technical judgment in solving engineering challenges by connecting the physical with the virtual will be necessary to manage our ML technology programs, define milestones and success criteria, and architecture. This is truly the intersection of the physical science of additive manufacturing with intelligent systems.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's, Master's Or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of software development experience in the industry, comfortable using git and Linux environments
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with machine-learning frameworks and techniques with large datasets
- 1+ year of managerial experience leading technical teams
- DSP, frequency domain analysis, data manipulation and sanitization best practices such as outlier detection
- Fluency in processes and infrastructure for developing, operating, and monitoring machine learning models
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary environments
- Experience working with vision or other sensor systems
Nice to haves but not required:
- Optimization Techniques including MOO, Bayesian, and Surrogate Based Models
- Experience delivering models that perform in real-time control systems
- Data Assessment: class imbalances, evaluate protected features, correlations, data representability
- Model Assessment: feature importance, model specific methods, domain knowledge abstraction, model metrics analysis
- Familiarity with:
- Unsupervised or Semi-Supervised ML algorithms
- Supervised ML algorithms (object detection, regression, etc.)
- Uncertainty quantification
- Experience with the following products or libraries: DVC, ModelDB, Pachyderm, Algorithmia, Seldon, MLEAP, DEEPDETECT, ELI5, SHAP, XAI, MLFlow, SageMaker
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!