Manager, Data Engineering at FabFitFun, Inc.
FabFitFun is dominating the women’s lifestyle marketplace with our curated seasonal boxes, live and licensed video content, and increased membership offerings. With over 1M members and an $80M Series A round that we raised earlier this year, our business is growing rapidly. At FabFitFun, we leverage data to power our platform and are seeking an innovating and self-driven Data Engineering Manager to join our growing Data Engineering team for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and business-driven data products.
This Data Engineering Manager will partner with existing Analytics and Data Science teams acting as the subject matter expert and technical lead to develop critical data pipelines for making real-time decisions and business recommendations. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data, distributed/cloud computing and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, mentor and motivate a team of Data Engineers to build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics
- Collaborate with Data & BI Architects and lead data modelling, process design and data pipeline architecture for specific data domain
- Manage full stack software data engineers and QA engineers to deliver on data solution and services, data warehouse and data marts
- Lead the agile/scrum practices to ensure health and process improvements for your team
- Ensure the data quality and consistency with monitoring and support, and play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs
- Work closely with the Product, Data Science & Analytics teams to design, build & test end-to-end solutions
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team and provide the best data practices for data engineering
What You'll Bring:
- Extensive ETL development experience with large-scale DBS or big data systems such as Hadoop, BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, etc
- Extensive experience with ETL Development tools such as Talend, Pentaho, Informatica or other AWS ETL frameworks.
- Experience working with BI reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau or Microstrategy
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies
- Advanced level of proficiency in SQL development
- Strong knowledge & expertise with Python, Spark, and Shell scripting
- Extensive experience with design & development of relational databases and data warehouses
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience being technical leader and visionary for a data engineering team with a critical role in building complex data pipelines
- Project management experience (Kanban & Agile)
- Proven ability to look at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
What You'll Get:
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that are revolutionizing e-commerce
- Assist in helping FabFitFun achieve personalization through data science and analytics
- Full health-care coverage as well as dental and vision coverage and 401k
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store