Manager, Advanced Analytics & Data Strategy at NBCUniversal (Greater LA Area, CA)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as a Manager Advanced Analytics and Data Strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the analysis and strategic utilization of data to enhance decision-making processes across Universal Filmed Entertainment Group. The primary focus will be on media model runs, Demand forecasting, dashboard development, market tests, and other media measurement capabilities.
1) Run and analyze the automated outputs for all media model runs:
- Execute and oversee the execution of media model runs, ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
- Analyze the results of these runs to identify trends, insights, and opportunities for optimization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with business objectives.
2) Work closely with the film tech and data strategy teams to identify resource requirements and new data sources for scaling models.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to secure the necessary resources and ensure successful implementation of scalable models.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of scaled models, making adjustments as needed.
3) Continue to develop and enhance dashboards to allow for user-generated analysis:
- Drive the development and improvement of dashboards that provide users with easy access to relevant data and insights.
- Gather user feedback to identify areas for enhancement and implement necessary changes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the usability and effectiveness of the dashboards.
4) Consult on Media Measurement tests methodologies and output:
- Provide expert consultation on methodologies for conducting market tests.
- Analyze test results, extracting actionable insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to implement effective strategies based on market test findings.
- Develop new measurement and modeling capabilities on a film-to-film basis
- Design and implement measurement frameworks and models for individual films.
- Evaluate the performance of measurement and modeling techniques and refine them as needed.
- Minimum 3 years experience in advanced analytics, data strategy, or a related role.
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in statistical analysis and modeling.
- Proficiency in data manipulation, visualization, and analysis tools (e.g., Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Looker Studio).
- Knowledge of media modeling, forecasting techniques, and market testing methodologies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Data Science, Statistics, Economics).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively convey complex analyses to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $125,000-150,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.